Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day Late, A Dollar Short


Budgeting is hard when you go to theme parks. Luckily, I still had some of the Christmas cash to put towards the food items I needed to buy today. Peter and I decided late last night that we were going to go to Islands of Adventure today during the day. We did not however decide to only be there for three hours. We woke up late and both needed to go grocery shopping for the week before we could go do anything. 

Add that, travel time, gas station lines, and congestion on I4 and you have us getting to Islands and on to our first ride at 5:17.  It was a fun trip none the less. We even popped back over to Universal Studios to ride the Mummy before the park closed and what we found was that the Beetlejuice stage building is already being taken down. ONE DAY LATER! There's no letters on top of the pillars and now there's a banner for the Fast and The Furious attraction blocking the old entrance. Amazing how quickly things  change.

I say that for multiple reasons. I was introduced to Universal by my mother but  I had the most fun with my lifelong friend Alexis and her family. Every time I visit Universal Orlando I think back to all of the fun them and I had staying in property and running around the parks. Nostalgia man. 

No comments: