Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stairs to Success



I have no idea who to credit for that quote but I first saw it on the back of one of the students' t-shirts. I saw it and thought "That is kind of fantastic, I need to blog about that." So here we are. No elevator to success. And that's probably a good thing. Working towards success and trying over and over and over again to get what you want can be a very rewarding (and tiring) experience. If we didn't have to put our efforts towards what we wanted everything would be meaningless. That sense of accomplishment that comes with completing a task successfully can't be matched by someone just handing it you. Yes, having a direct path or line to success makes everything much easier but is it really success at that point? Is having something or being able to do something that easy a success or is that just an ability or luck? I'm sure I would get tons of differing opinions on that if I were to ask it in a public place but it's a interesting question to pose. What is success?

My answer to that question is accomplishing something that you want to accomplish to the fullest extent and by the means you wish to accomplish it. If finding the so called elevator to success is what you want to accomplish then by all means go find it. But aren't you taking the stairs to that anyway?

No comments: