Saturday, March 22, 2014

Getting Out There


After around two weeks of planning, my sisters, some other friends, and I were finally able to hold our birthday party for the kids at the homeless coalition! I was really surprised that as many people came out to help with it as they did. I honestly got the impression that no one really wanted to participate so if you're reading this and you helped, thank you again so incredibly much.

I loved being able to see the kids as happy as they were and know that for even two minutes they didn't have to worry about anything. The kids and their parents didn't need to provide anything other than a fun attitude and willingness to participate. Helping makes me happy. Seeing other people happy makes me happy. Today was a good day.

AFTER the birthday party, I went with two of my sisters to Panera and then we played Just Dance. The video that now exists of one of my sisters and I trying to dance to "Careless Whisper" is kind of the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

No comments: