Saturday, May 31, 2014

IT'S CONCERT DAY



AHHHHHH ITS HERE!!! I GET TO SEE HUNTER IN 5 HOURS!!!



I will be road tripping with Amanda to get to Estero, Florida and then we're Hayesing it up for 7 hours. Pictures will follow later. I can't handle my life. 


Amanda and I arrived at Germain Arena around 2:30pm which meant that I had time to put on makeup and change into my concert outfit.  Afterwards, I stood in line for 45 minutes and made friends with two mother/daughter pairs. I know one of the girls' names was Miranda but the other one I can't remember for the life of me which makes me sad. I will have to find her on Instagram.

Anyway, the meet and greet finally came and it was fantastic. Hunter walked in as calm and nice as ever, sang a few notes of "Hey Soul Sister" by Train for a few girls who were playing Heads Up, and then he gave a quick run down of why they were starting late. Apparently they arrived to the venue late by their standards so set up, sound check, and Hunter's other meet and greets were starting later than  scheduled. When he finished his apology/explaination/thanking everyone for their help and patience he kind of laughed at himself, gave a brief expanation of how Coffee House works (you ask questions, he answers, and then you get one small thing signed and a picture with him) and then he kind of stood there waiting for someone to ask a question.

Im normally really, really shy and I like to wait for the group but I decided in that moment to raise my hand and start Q and A session. He appreciated this and actually thanked me/encouraged a round of applause from the rest of the people for me deciding to go first. Then he asked me my name and if we had ever met before which I told him we had. Essentially this is what happened:

Him: "Oh sweet, where?"
Me: "In Savannah"
Him: "Savannah. Savannah..."
Random person: "Georgia! The Crazy Tour!"
Him: "OH!! Awesome! You were on the Crazy tour! When? Before or after the show?"
Me: "Actually it was in one of these!"
Him (with this amazingly goofy smile on his face as he raised his arms and gestured around the room): "We've upgraded right?"
Me: "Yeah, this is awesome. Very Swanky"
The entire CHE applauded/ complimented the use of the word swanky.
Him" Thank you so much! What was your question?"
Me:"I just wanted to ask about covering 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" because I don't think I have ever been more in love with your voice ever than on that song, especially on the high notes"

The expressions on his face were some of the most spectacular I have ever seen him make. He was apparently blown away by that compliment and probably said several derivatives of the 'Thank You' like 6 times. before answering.
Him: "Thank you so much. Wow. That's so funny that you say that because I was actually losing my voice when I went in to recorded. Can I tell you a funny story?"
me and everyone else:" OF COURSE"
Him: " *laughing* Well, like I said, I was losing my voice. We had two days booked in the studio but we really only had one day to record. I knew I was losing my voice so I called in Sam to sing with me as well but I went in and I figured that Paul would hear me and after one time be like 'Okay you're done come in' but we ended up doing three takes, all without the chorus because I KNEW that I couldn't sing that part. I had no flasetto. They ended up staking all three of the takes on top of each other but they were still missing the chorus. I actually ended up recording it on a kitchen chair at my apartment in my closet. *laughter*  It was weeks later, two days before everything was due for the record and I was at my apartment in Nashville and I finally had my voice back so I went to record it. My apartment is very loud. Its got wood floors and high ceilings so everything is loud. The only place I could record was in my closet surrounded by my ridiculous amount of jackets. SO, I grabbed a chair and set up the mic and everything, recorded the track, and emailed it to Paul who put it in to the final version which is what you guys hear."
Me: "Well its fantastic and beautiful. You did an amazing job."
Him:" Thank you, really. That's so awesome to hear. I've been wanting to put it into the show I'm just not sure if everyone knows it yet. I'm going to have to put in at somepoint I'm sure. Thank you again. I feel like I just scared everyone for asking questions now *laughter* 'Oh lord, he takes 20 minutes to answer each question. Better not ask him anything else' it's okay I promise!"

I was floored and amazed and I don't even know. That's one of my favorite songs so its just so amazing to hear more information behind it.

Other people got to ask questions and he was pretty long winded with each one. Then he told us that because we were the last show on the tour that we would be getting some new stuff and that "friends wil be visiting."
 Then it was picture time. I was in the middle so my time with him one on one was even more rushed because they were running late. I hugged him and told him it was good to see him again. He asked me  my name one more time and apologized for forgetting it. Then I had him sign my bag which is pictured below and then we got to take a picture. Afterwards, I hugged him and told him he was a beautiful human which is something I say to a ton of people and I don't mean it in a physical sense. I mean it as more of a commentary on how someone is performing as a human being. Hunter is a fantastic one. He also obviously has no idea what I'm talking about when I say that and he responded with "Aww no, you're beautiful" and that is when I died. 



The concert was fantastic. He was on stage for about 2 and half hours which is a little less than what he promised (inside joke for the CHE where he said that he was thinking it was going to be closer to three hours and then  said "Watch, now we are going to be on stage for 2 hours and 59 minutes and all of you are going to be mad. You're all going to be like 'That little punk! He said three hours and he lied! Him and his 22 year old self with the ego. Gosh!' " IT WAS SO ADORABLE) but it is okay. He changed the set list, cutting out "Cry With You" and "A Thing About You" for sure. I know there were more but I would have to do some cross referencing which i don't have time for at the moment. He added about 9 songs as well which we were all very pleased with.

I had a pit ticket so I was ridiculously close to the stage so video and pictures will eventually be posted somewhere. My favorite part of the night though was Hunter looking me dead in the eyes for a section of 'Wanted' and that right there is a really good feeling.
K

No comments: