Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Long Day



Maybe not quite as long as long cat but my day was definitely long for only having been back at work for the second time.

This is definitely not meant to be taken as a "woe is me! I had to work for seven hours! My life is so difficult," type of post. I appreciate having the hours and having a job in general. I just have never been the primary every thing at my job for 5/7 hours and for a Wednesday we were fairly busy.

Today I met many people who were here on vacation. People from Australia, Austria, Brazil, and Curacao came in to the store to get all kinds of gifts and clothes for loved ones and themselves. It so interesting to me to hear everyone's story when they come to the store. The couple that visited from Austria, for instance, is here with their children and grandchildren for the first time. Tomorrow they will be going to Disney for the first time and they wanted to pick up some shirts. Go them. What was really interesting about the couple's story was the grandfather figure had visited Florida 25 years ago and he was really excited to make comparisons. So far, as he told me, everything as changed and its magnificent. We are a "beautiful state."

No comments: