Sunday, January 19, 2014

Needing to Prepare


I took a GRE diagnostics test today and it didn't go how I thought it would. I've always been so good at tests like this and I've never, repeat NEVER, had to actually prepare for one. Today made me rethink  that whole mindset. Today made me worry. It made me worry about how little time I have to prepare for the first time I take this test and about all of the things I *thought* I was good at. What if I've just been really lucky up till now? What if everything I've accomplished isn't a result of my hard work and determination but of pure happenstance? 

And then I took a break. I calmed down, watched some vine videos and realized how insane I sounded. No one is perfect at everything. No one is even good at everything. The GRE is something I am going to have to work at. I'm going to have to devote a lot more time and effort into preparing for this test than I have for anything up to this point in my educational career. I'm going to do this without worrying and fretting that it won't be enough or that I'm not doing the right type or amount of preparation. I have to believe in myself and my abilities. 

I can do this. 

No comments: