Thursday, January 30, 2014

Well That's Different

Usually there is quote right here followed by a picture of some sort in order to get people's attention. Today didn't warrant that. Today was a little different. 

I went to my internship and worked on my assignment for the class by filming my placement site and interviewing the director of treatment for the kids. Afterwards I joined the kids in the cafeteria and started talking to a few of them about their day. A bunch of them have started to be able to recognize me and talk to me more openly which is great! I really like that a few of them are opening up and not being so quiet or abrasive. 

After lunch, I joined the middle schoolers for math and life skills where we spent 2 hours getting four 14 and 15 year old boys to do a project that consisted of learning how to budget and do percents. Two hours. It was really frustrating but fun none the less. Eventually I was able to help one of the students work on one of his sanction essays to hopefully change his case a little bit.


IN OTHER NEWS MY BIG CAME TO VISIT TODAY AND I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE I LOVE HER AND SHE PERECT AND IM DONE 

No comments: