Sunday, January 26, 2014

You're Not Invisible

"You're not invisible. Hear me out. There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Some day you'll look back on all these days and all this pain is going to be invisible." Invisible- Hunter Hayes


Most people know I'm mildly (read beyond severely) obsessed with a mister Hunter Hayes pictured above. Last year as a birthday present to myself I spent an obscene amount of money to go to Savannah and meet this incredible person and sit in the second row and just be baffled by how amazing of a performer/HUMANBEING he is. And now, I have the chance to do it all over again. 

He released the song "Invisible" today at the GRAMMYS and while it was not his best performance ever, it was the most important. The song comes from a dark time in his and many of our lives: being bullied. I wasn't heavily bullied when I was younger but I had a few instances that made some days feel like the worst day ever. I've had other instances in my life that made me feel like nothing and this song speaks to those as well. The song is about empowerment and not letting what has happened to you keep you in that dark place. I'm instantly in love with it. http://youtu.be/ucA63CEuXpo

The song debuted today and so did the new tour which I will be participating in either May 30th or May 31st because that is when he will be Florida. Two hours from my house is better than six so I'm ridiculously excited to meet Hunter again and hear him sing "Invisible" in person. And "Wanted" and hopefully "Cry With You" and "Storm Warning" and all of his songs. Okay I'm done.



No comments: