Saturday, January 4, 2014

Today's the Day

"Life's not a spectator sport. If watchin' is all you're gonna do then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya."- Laverne- The Hunchback of Notre Dame-1996




If feeling all gross and yucky can take a toll on your goals for a single day, I don't even want to imagine what it can do for my whole year.. I was supposed to do lots of things and see lots of people over the course of today but I just didn't feel well. I canceled all my plans, stayed home and did laundry so that I can go back to school with clothes to wear for the first week. Later on it will be my solum duty to pack all of said laundry and the rest of my stuff in to my large, purple suitcase. Joy. 

Aside from that one bit of productivity, I binged on Netflix and dreaded sitting down to do anything else that required any type of effort. I sat and wasted my life away.  I don't like doing that. All that free time as a last semester college student right before said last semester begins? Its a bad plan. All it results in is worry and anxiety and panic about all of the things I still have to accomplish. Aside from that, once I start worrying and getting overwhelmed I can't stop and thats pretty much all I do for the rest of the day. I just don't have the time to be behaving like this and it must stop. 



If there is one thing I am going to do today it is actually set my goals to accomplish by May regardless of how petty some of them might sound.

1. Stop drinking soda.
2. Visit with the nutritionist on campus to start eating better.
3. Make time to go to the gym, I want to feel better about my self. 
4. Put effort into my appearance 3/4 days out of the week.
5.USE MY PLANNER AND REVISIT MY TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
6. Stay positive.
7. Take the GRE.
8. Drink more water.
9. Make straight A's my final semester.
10. Be happy with myself and the choices I make
11.Look into internships.
12.Learn how to cook.
13.Work on my relationships.
14. Make better choices with my finances.

14 goals to accomplish by May 2014. Some of them should be fairly easy. The others... maybe not as easy but no one said change was easy.

No comments: