Sunday, August 31, 2014

Starting New Things



Now that I'm allowed to tell everyone, I'm a temp lead at work for the holiday season!! I was allowed to be the Stage Director for two hours today and while it was definitely stressful, I feel like I did an okay job! There is still so much to learn and be comfortable doing but I can definitely do it!

In grad school news, I am now having to accept the fact that I may have to put off attending school in spring. One of my recommenders left the university without ever submitting her letter of recommendation and now I have no way to contact her. The worst part is I found out about this only 18 days before applications are due because I had to wait until the school year started in order to be able to call her office. My next steps have been scrambling to find more recommenders before the September 15th deadline. In my search to do that I have also found out about opportunities I have if I enroll in grad school for the fall. These include a larger intake of students, a chance of receiving funds that are not loans, and it gives me more time to look at other schools. The more I go over all of this the more the fall option seems to stand out but what if I am wrong? What if my only option is this spring admission and if I don't take it, what do I do?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Poop! I can't believe they did that.
It sounds like fall is presenting some nice opportunities and I'm not very surprised that spring doesn't offer similar. I think it's the same for me.
That's going to be a tough call and would mean a whole 'nother year before grad school.

KatiCupcake said...

Your comment encouraged a whole other post.